- In Memoriam: The two crew members in "The Trouble at Tibrin" are named after two of the author's deceased friends.
- Meaningful Release Date:
- Issue #7, the first issue of a Rebels-centric two-parter, was released the Wednesday following the series finale of Rebels on Monday.
- The Tales From Vader's Castle event happens to be released while Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith is showing an arc of how Vader got his castle in the first place.
- Similarly Named Works: Shares its name with a series of digest-sized graphic novels, as well as a series of gamebooks.
- What Could Have Been:
- It was almost published under the Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi multimedia project, but it was decided against doing so presumably because the comic would continue even after the release of The Last Jedi and not all the plots are relevant to the film.
- Early reports stated that the B-plots would be told by Maz and/or Artoo and Threepio, but this is instead done by Tales From Wild Space, hosted by Emil Graf and co.
- The cute creature that Finn tries to catch in Issue #3 was originally going to be a Kowakian monkey-lizard and was going to be encountered in the wild, as seen in the ashcan issue.
- Issue #7 and #8 were presumably supposed to be set in Season 2 of Rebels, but were changed last second to Season 3, as the original cover for #7 originally depicted Ezra in his appearance from Season 2, Sabine's shoulderpads are not colored in completely, and Kanan is missing his mask. This causes a Series Continuity Error/Blooper when the original Phantom appears in Issue #8, as Kanan returned to action after it was destroyed in the Season 3 premiere.
- The argora from "Endangered" was originally pink before it was changed to blue along with the aforementioned recolorings of the Ghost crew.
- The final issue in Tales from Vader's Castle was originally titled "The Revenge of Darth Vader" and was going to tell a tale about a thief who tried breaking into Fortress Vader to steal its artifacts.
- Written by Cast Member: Alan Tudyk was contacted to help write Kaytoo's lines in "Adventures in Wookiee-Sitting".
Trivia / Star Wars Adventures