- Screwed by the Lawyers: Thanks to the fallout of the Axanar lawsuit, CBS released new regulations that make Star Trek: Renegades unproduceable as a Star Trek work and as such, all future productions will be modified as to not include Star Trek material.
- What Could Have Been: The series was originally meant to be an official Star Trek outing, but CBS, the current rights-holder, passed on the pilot. Russ and Co. decided to produce it anyway as a fan-film.... and then Paramount threatened to sue, forcing them to remove all "Star Trek" references in future episodes, making the follow-up installment of "Renegades" just a generic, low-budget sci-fi series.
- You Look Familiar: A couple of the staring actors previously had bit roles in Star Trek episodes.
- Shree is played by Courtney Peldon, who played Red Squad Cadet Karen Farris in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Valiant".
- Lexxa's first officer Ragnar is played by Gary Graham, who played the recurring character Ambassador Soval on Star Trek: Enterprise, and the Ocampan Tanis in the Star Trek: Voyager episode "Cold Fire." Graham also played the role of Ragnar in the fan-film Star Trek Of Gods And Men. Graham is currently also busy on another Trek fan-film Prelude to Axanar, reprising his role of Soval.
Trivia / Star Trek: Renegades