- Acting for Two: The entire main cast gets the chance to play one of Dax's previous hosts.
- Deleted Scene: The version of Joran in Sisko's body in the episode is actually the second take - apparently Avery Brooks' first go was speaking in a low, intimidating whisper that everyone on set felt was too creepy.
- Fake American: Alexander Siddig drops his British accent while playing Torias's personality in Bashir.
- Prop Recycling: The PADD that O'Brien holds when going over the stress reaction test with Nog is the one that Bashir had in "Explorers" to write "GO AWAY" to Jadzia.
- What Could Have Been: The original concept was for Jadzia to simply embody all the hosts herself as an acting showcase for Terry Farrell. Then the crew realized that this would get old after a while, and they couldn't think of a way to hang any other kind of plot on it to justify the episode's existence, like we get with Curzon and Odo's deal.
Trivia / Star Trek: Deep Space Nine S03E25 "Facets"