- Approval of God: Some fans drew fan art of Spinnerette taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challengein behalf of Mecha Maid. The author not just liked those fanarts, he put them in his personal Deviant Art, added to recording cosplay of Greta Gravity taking the challenge herself. See the Heartwarming page for links.
- Defictionalization: Physical versions of Heather's plush spider, Mr. Webby, have and are being produced for the public.
- Lying Creator: In the Colonel Glass arc, Mecha Maid refers to White Heron as being alive, only for the flashback to reveal, weeks later, that she was killed fighting Colonel Glass. The author confirmed that he'd done this on purpose.
- Schedule Slip: The comic regularly goes on hiatuses of two to three weeks while the authors build up a buffer of pages. Usually this is between storylines/issues, but occasionally they've taken breaks during an issue.
- Shown Their Work: The artist, Krazy Krow, makes several references specific to Columbus and central Ohio, such as the comic/tabletop gaming shop The Laughing Ogre, local suburbs Obetz and Circleville, and, yes, the Circleville Pumpkin Show.
- What Could Have Been: Word of God is that one of the early ideas for a time traveling Ben Franklin was that he was a star in Pounding Fathers.
- Writing Around Trademarks: Ohio Research University is clearly modeled on The Ohio State University, known just as much for its research programs as it is for athletics.
Trivia / Spinnerette