- Dummied Out: Two of Stan Lee's voice clips were removed from the final release. One has him expressing excitement over the inevitable clash between Spider-Man and Venom, while the other is an epilogue cutscene that has him recapping the game's event before signing off. Funny enough, that epilogue made it in the Japanese version of the game.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The tie-in comic. Most don't even know it existed.
- Role Reprise: One from Spider-Man Unlimited (Rino Romano as the title character), one from Spider-Man: The Animated Series (the late Efrem Zimbalist Jr. as Doctor Octopus), and one from both (Jennifer Hale in the respective roles of Mary Jane Watson and Black Cat).
- Serendipity Writes the Plot: Technical difficulties meant that they had to render the city in as less a difficult a way as possible. So they explained in-story that New York got covered in fog by a machine made by Doctor Octopus.
- Talking to Himself: Most of the villains and supporting characters in the first game are voiced by Daran Norris and Dee Bradley Baker.
Trivia / Spider-Man (2000)