- I Knew It!: Quite a few fans speculated that a Stick of Truth sequel would change the setting to focus on the kids' popular superhero personas from the show.
- The Other Darrin: None of the French series voice actors returned for the video game.
- The Italian dub features a weird half-Darrin: Tweek's dad is voiced by Gianni Gaude as usual, except for his "Welcome to Tweak Cafe" line, which is instead voiced by Davide Albano.
- Pre-Order Bonus: Pre-ordering or buying an early release copy gives players a remastered copy of Stick of Truth for free as well as Towelie as an Annoying Video-Game Helper.
- Schedule Slip: Originally announced at E3 2015, it was slated for a release in December of 2016, as stated by the trailer at the following year's E3, until it got moved to Q1 2017 before finally settling on a release date of October 17, 2017 (nearly one year after the original planned release).
- Unintentional Period Piece:
- Much more so than Stick of Truth, as not only is the game based around the current superhero boom but it's also heavily reliant on celebrities, pop culture references, social media and cell phone apps. And there's also the issue that the game is almost completely built upon references to the television show.
- Fidget spinners are used to boost the New Kid's powers and abilities. The fidget spinner craze had already died down significantly before the game was released.
- What Could Have Been:
- In the marketing, PC Principal was depicted as the proverbial Godzilla Cartman pulled out when things crossed the Godzilla Threshold for some reason. In the game itself, he teaches Butt Lord about Microagressions (which gives them a free attack if an Action Command is passed).
- Doctor Timothy was supposed to playable as Dummied Out content indicates. You can even still get his character sheet but you can't view it in-game. Also, the earliest trailer showed Timmy in his original Iron Maiden persona.
- Originally, Mysterion saving Karen from the Vamp Kid was part of a sidequest in the main game. Time constraints eventually led to it becoming a DLC on its own.
- The Wiki Rule: South Park Game Wiki, shared with its predecessor.
Trivia / South Park: The Fractured but Whole