- Cut Song:
- There is one in this game. However, it would go on to be used in Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble for the boss of Sunset Park.
- In the June 30th 1993 prototype, Aqua Planet, Sleeping Egg, Electric Egg and the Special Stage all had totally different music. Some of the tracks that are still there, such as Turquoise Hill and the boss theme, sound somewhat different as well.
- Fan Remake: A demo exists for a PC remake in the style of Sonic Mania.
- No Export for You: Originally, the Sega Master System version was only released in Brazil and Europe.
- Working Title:
- The game's prototypes are internally referred to as Sonic the Hedgehog 3 as Sonic Chaos is the third major game for the 8-bit consoles.
- Interestingly, the June 30th, 1993 prototype's title screen is Sonic Chaos or Sonic and Tails, suggesting these were the two final tentative titles that would later be picked by their respective regions (US/EU and Japan).
Trivia / Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos