- Ascended Fanon: On a marketing scale, while the Japan dev team did not actually rely on the Sonic X-treme project for materials and inspiration, the fans have noticed the similarities, and Sega of America appears to welcome the comparisons.
- Development Gag:
- The Deadly Six Edition features bosses from Ni GHTS Into Dreams. Sonic X-treme was going to feature bosses designed with the NiGHTS engine, which could be one of the few intentional references to X-Treme's development.
- Sonic knocks billiard balls into their holes as he rolls around whilst entombed inside a giant snowball in Frozen Factory. Believe it or not, there was a billiards mini-game in one of the many scrapped Sonic games from the mid-1990's, where Sonic had to act as the cue ball.
- Fan Nickname: SLoW (Sonic: Lost World).
- Or Super Sonic Galaxy.
- The Magic Conch Shell for Eggman's Zeti controlling shell. (It was later officially named the "Cacophonic Conch".)
- The Deadly Shit for people who don't like the Deadly Six.
- Likewise, Zavok tends to be called "Diet Bowser" or "Not-Bowser", due to some of the things he has in common with...well, Bowser.
- Pre-Order Bonus:
- Downplayed. Pre-ordering the game gives the player 25 extra lives on top of the regular four. Useful, but they can be wasted easily. It is often seen as one of the worst pre-order bonuses ever.
- The first DLC pack also counts.
Trivia / Sonic Lost World