Some tropes present in Eggman's PA chatter:
PA Announcements. This video covers every stage, sans Planet Wisp (which only has announcements in the cutscenes, none in the actual stages).
World Map announcements.
- Blatant Lies:
"Would Sonic the Hedgehog please report to the security office? We've found your er... your keys! That's it, we've found your keys. No need to be ready for a trap, since we only wish to return your keys!"
"Please do not be concerned if you encounter any screaming aliens. The screams are how they communicate— really. I promise."
"Please refrain from peeling off the special space-age polymer holding the starship together. It may look and feel like duct tape
, but it's not. It's called... space... tape.
Very advanced stuff."
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick:
"Please refrain from throwing coins, trash, or small children
into the reflecting pools."
"Next stop, the Tropical Resort. Here, you will find: breath-taking views from our giant ferris wheel, amazing deals from our shopping mall, and constant risk of bodily harm."
- Brick Joke:
"Help yourself to our complimentary SPF 3000 starblock. And by 'complimentary', I mean 'quite expensive'."
"Welcome to the Sweet Mountain
! Insulin will be provided, at a marginal extra cost. And by 'marginal', we mean 'enormous'."
- Inferred Holocaust:
"The foliage you see was pilfered from various environmentally-fragile planets. Please enjoy them, as they are the last of their kind
- Is This Thing Still On?:
"Please beware of the spikes on the Asteroid Coaster — they are sharp. ...Really, we have to warn people about spikes? Like they won't notice the spikes, I mean, come on — the cars are nothing but spikes! Unbelievable! Wh — uh — my what is still on?"
- No Animals Were Harmed:
"No Aliens were harmed in the creation of this park. They were all harmed after the park was created."
- Our Lawyers Advised This Trope:
"Please keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as there are tiny asteroids, traveling at incredible speeds, hurtling through space. ...Keeping your hands and feet in the car won't prevent you from being hit, but our lawyers tell us we have to say it anyway."
"Attention: the Muscle Atrophy simulation will not be open today. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we were not able to find the strength to open it."
- Rattling Off Legal: As shown in one cutscene.
"SOME DISPLACEMENT OF INDIGENOUS POPULATIONS AND DESTRUCTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES MAY OCCUR. EGGMAN ENTERPRISES NOT RESPONSIBLE."
"Would the owner of a yellow car, license plate 1NOM155
, please report to the main gate. Your vehicle is in the path of an asteroid, and is about to get sma... oh, um, never mind."
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
- Take That, Audience!:
"Welcome to Game Land, home of the ever-popular Sonic Simulator! Waste time with your pathetic friends in Multiplayer Mode."
"Next stop, the Options Satellite. There, you can adjust a variety of settings for a more pleasurable visit... if you're the self-centered, bossy type."
"Welcome aboard the Egg Shuttle, offering lightspeed access to each of the park's attractions. Perfect for jittery visitors with no attention span to spare on getting there."
- The Theme Park Version:
"The mighty ocean... cradle of life... trivialized for your amusement at Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park!"
- Who Writes This Crap?!:
you waiting for? Climb aboard the exotic aquarium for a boatload
of— ah, who writes
this drivel? Awkward silence Orbot:
do, boss! Eggman:
Oh, you're right, I do!
- Development Gag: Aquarium Park is based on an old concept for a Japan-themed zone that originates from preproduction sketches of the original Sonic the Hedgehog game.
- Fan Nickname: Sonic Skittles, referring to either the game itself or the Final Color Blaster.
- The Other Darrin: Beginning with Colors and Sonic Free Riders, the English dubs of the games have been recorded in Los Angeles and all of the VAs were replaced, save for Mike Pollock.
- Role Reprise: Mike Pollock, one of the cast members from the New York City-based dub of the games starting with Shadow the Hedgehog as well as the Sonic X anime, returned to reprise his role as Eggman.
- What Could Have Been:
- Ryan Drummond auditioned for the game when Jason Griffith was fired, to the rejoicing of both him and Sega. The reason as to why they casted Roger for Sonic instead is because Sega said that Drummond would have to leave his union and he would be paid very little.
- Eggman's voice actor, Mike Pollock, revealed that SEGA did consider replacing him too, but that none of the other actors that auditioned could match his performance, so he ended up the only member of the 4Kids era cast to stay.
- Based on concept art of the Egg Pawns, there would've been white enemy Egg pawns designed specifically for Terminal Velocity, but appear to be scrapped. They do, however, appear on that level's world map.