- California Doubling: The show was shot in British Columbia.
- The Danza: Mackenzie Phillips as Molly Phillips.
- Descended Creator: Executive Producer Henry Winkler as Fergus McGarrity, antagonist of the Halloween Episode "Boo".
- Executive Meddling:
- The Disney Channel execs wanted something lighter for season 3. If Fi's actor had stayed, Word of God says that they would have finished her Myth Arc by having her go into Hell to save her father.
- The unproduced episode "Chrysalis" that revolved around alcoholism and its connection with a parasitic caterpillar creature.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Was once a pretty infamous example since it only survived in the form of old VCR rips of the original TV airings for several years and never officially saw the light of day on DVD or streaming until Disney unexpectedly re-released the show in 2019 as part of Disney+.
- Screwed by the Network:
- Disney Channel's infamous 65-episode policy caused this show to be cancelled. Many fans consider this fact to be a damn shame, but not as bad as them rejecting the third season arc and changing the show to yet another generic Goosebumps and Eerie, Indiana clone.
- Disney+ originally posted the season two episodes Out of Order. Their solution involved removing the season from their platforms, until they figured out the right order. Considering how many launch titles remain available despite jumbled episodes, this tactic seemed unfairly extreme, and gave fans a difficult test of patience. It ultimately took Disney+ weeks to put the season back up, and even then, the episodes remained out of order.
- Technology Marches On: The computers and internet shown look quite dated by 21st century standards.
- What Could Have Been: The executive producers pitched an idea for a season three that would continue the heavy themes of the show. If things had gone according to plan, instead of Avatar, there would have been Chrysalis. Chrysalis would have had a similar Fi-lite adventure in which Carey would have turned out to have an alcohol problem alongside playing host to a parasitic caterpillar, and Jack would have helped him out. At the same time, there would be a revisit of Rebecca from 1x09 Rebecca where she was going to make contact with Molly through email, and Mollys backstory as an alcoholic would have been explored. This was all to be set up for Rebeccas role in season three. Additionally, 2x26 Twin would have had Rick reveal Fi had some special destiny and would have ended with the wraith taking him out, leaving the threat of an evil alliance out there and giving Fi the motivation to investigate it to rescue her father. In season three, Jack would have ended up being the reincarnation of some ancient heroic knightthus explaining why the dragon was afraid of him in 1x08 Strangeling, and why a shot of him fades into an OSiannon suit of armor in 2x11 Banshee. Rebecca would have shown up to explain who Jack was in a past life, having known him personally. Jack would have joined Fi to fight the evil alliance. The aliens, which never do anything in the first two seasons past being mysterious, would have revealed that Fi has some special genetic makeup that makes her and various beings like her throughout the galaxy specifically qualified to help people. She would have been visited by her alien counterpart, who also had a father stolen by the forces of evil, and it would have helped her with information throughout the season. Mollys witch powers would have been explored, with the reveal that some of her songs are prophecies. Bricriu would have possessed Fi herself, and Mollys priest brother would have exorcised her. Bricriu would ultimately switch sides because he doesnt like being in a hierarchy. The series would have ended with Fi traveling into Hell, defeating the evil alliance, and rescuing her father. Because the alliance took Rick before his time, he would have been allowed to stay on Earth with his family. This is all foreshadowed in the In the Darkness song. Disney rejected all of this and demanded the lighter season three that we got.
Trivia / So Weird