- Acting for Two: In order to keep things interesting, Rick would alter his voice whenever he used different characters in a song to differentiate them from his own narration. The best example of this is whenever he portrays a female character. He can also drop his British accent, though that's somewhat rare for him to do.
- Fake Brit: Rick is an aversion, being a legit Londoner, but many other American rappers have tried to imitate his mid-Atlantic drawl, as noted below.
- Follow the Leader: Once he established himself, many a rapper has tried to imitate Rick's accent and style of flow. Only one other rapper has had more success than Rick by using his style.
- Hitless Hit Album: Although Rick had big success on the Rap and R&B charts, only one out of his nine singles hit the top 100: "Behind Bars". And even then, it only reached number eighty-seven before disappearing off the chart.
- No-Hit Wonder: As previously mentioned, he only has one top 100 entry, but he's had several successful albums, and is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time.
- Talking to Himself: See the Acting for Two entry above.
Trivia / Slick Rick