- Creator's Pest: Landy intended to kill Tanith Low off in the first book but was forced to let her live due to his publisher's Executive Meddling. Because of this, she tends to take a severe beating in any book she appears in.
- Fandom Nod: The Requiem Ball from Death Bringer could be a nod to the vast amount of Valduggery fanfics which involve Skulduggery taking Valkyrie to a ball. Naturally, he dances with China instead.
- No Export for You: If you're an American, you're out of luck — only the first three books were ever released in the U.S.
- However, the first three books were now repackaged and re-released in the USA, with the remaining books going to follow soon.
- Quote Source;
- Trolling Creator: Derek Landy is very open about how much he enjoys crushing the souls of his readers.Landy: *on The Last Stand of Dead Men* A lot of people are going to hate me. *laughs* You know... when you're reading this and you finish it. You're going to hate me. You are. And you know you are. Yeah, but... I don't care. Because I'm a genius. *Evil Laugh* That's really all I have to say about that.Landy: I shall live forever. And I dont mean in a metaphorical sense. I dont mean Ill live forever in the hearts and minds of my readers. I mean I will literally live forever, drawing as I do from your pain and suffering. Your pain makes me strong.
Trivia / Skulduggery Pleasant