- Actor-Shared Background: All over the place. All of the stars are represented by their hobbies.
- All-Star Cast: And reportedly gotten on the cheap because nobody had to learn any lines!
- The Danza: All three main characters count: Mel Brooks as Mel Funn, Marty Feldman as Marty Eggs, and Dom De Luise as Dom Bell.
- Deleted Scenes: Brooks' biography states there was a scene in a restaurant where two giant lobsters pick out a human from a swimming tank to eat. Despite Mel and the crew loving it, the scene wasn't received well in the previews.
- Production Posse: Double-layered. Feldman and DeLuise are part of Brooks' posse, and they're playing members of Brooks' character's posse. In addition, DeLuise's frequent co-star, Burt Reynolds also appears.
- Real-Life Relative: The pregnant woman they pick up at the beginning of the movie and drop off at the hospital is Dom De Luise's real wife Carol Arthur. It isn't a double-family member, though - she was not actually pregnant at the time. Their youngest son, David, had been born a few years previously.
- What Could Have Been: The original screenplay also featured an actual movie filming scene on the set of the movie, which is also called Silent Movie. That scene shows the set designer at work, girls on the set wearing hats shaped like a Christmas tree and the characters standing near a pool with no water at first. The line Mel Funn said in the scene via title card was "Lights! Camera! Action! No Sound!"
Trivia / Silent Movie