- Executive Meddling/What Could Have Been/Troubled Production: Origins changed development teams entirely not long before it was released. The original version was a Resident Evil 4 clone that drew on a great deal more material from the movie. The first previews indicated the game was going to use the Over the Shoulder camera to deal with the smaller PSP screen. Apparently the only part of the game that was salvaged from the original version was The Butcher.
- Fan Nickname: The Final Boss has been called Flauros (which is the name of the artifact he inhabits), Alessa's Dream (as an attempt to interpret his nature), Samael (since he's almost definitely a proto-incarnation of the The Order's god), The Demon, etc.
- Improperly Placed Firearms/Selective Historical Armoury: The game is set in 1979 but AK-type rifles were incredibly rare in the States until 1982.
- Konami Code: Inputting it unlocks Vincent's outfit.
- Let's Play: Voidburger does a very informative and hilarious video LP.
Trivia / Silent Hill: 0rigins