- The Danza: Heather is named after the actress who voiced her. Her last name is not given in the credits, giving an impression of the character as herself, to the point that early promotional materials had her character name listed using the actress' full name, Heather Morrisnote . Justified in that listing Heather's real last name — Mason (as in, Harry's daughter) — would have spoiled a fairly significant plot point that comes about halfway through the game.
- Konami Code: Used to turn Douglas from a hard-boiled detective into an utterly creepy (almost) nude flasher.
- Multi-Disc Work: The original CD-ROM version for PC comes on five discs.
- The Other Darrin: For the HD Collection release, the original voices were redubbed over completely by new actors, much in the same vein as Silent Hill 2. Unfortunately, unlike that game, theres no option to switch between the original and new voices.
- Recycled Set: Brookhaven Hospital. You even get to go to the roof, although for Heather there's nothing there but some monsters and ammo.
- What Could Have Been:
- Art director Masahiro Ito revealed in an interview that the game was originally intended to be a rail shooter spinoff of all things. While this concept was scrapped, there was in fact a Silent Hill rail shooter released 4 years later, Silent Hill: The Arcade.
- Heathers original design was supposed to have her wear jeans, but was later changed to a miniskirt by Team Silents female employees who felt showing her legs would make her look more feminine.
Trivia / Silent Hill 3