- The Cast Showoff: All members of the idol group Shugo Chara! egg (who sing at least two of the Opening Theme songs of the anime's second series) make an appearance in The Musical. Yuuka Maeda was cast as Amu, the leading role, and Kanon Fukuda was cast as Nadeshiko. The other two girls played generic female students and the X-eggs.
- Crossdressing Voices:
- Tadase Hotori's voiced by Reiko Takagi in the anime. In the musical, he's played by Hidemi Hikita, who is a girl herself.
- Initially averted, and later played straight when we find out Nadeshiko is really Nagihiko. Also, since Kanon Fukuda is a female, this also turns out to be a Crosscast Role in the musical.
- Dawson Casting: 27-year-old KENN played 17-year-old Ikuto in The Musical.
- Franchise Killer: Party! killed off all hopes of the rest of the manga being animated, and may have had a hand in the manga's abrupt and most likely rushed demise.
- Name's the Same: Rikka Hiiragi
- Also Saaya Yamabuki
- No Export for You: There are currently no plans to release the anime on physical media in North America. None of the Nintendo DS games were released overseas either.
- Star-Making Role: Amu Hinamori, for her seiyu Kanae Ito.
Trivia / Shugo Chara!