- The Danza: Although his actor was credited under an alias, Shin Ishikawa plays Shin Kazamatsuri.
- Late Export for You: The movie finally saw an official release outside of Japan on the Toei Tokusatsu World Official YouTube Channel in April 2020. You can watch it here.
- Milestone Celebration: 20th anniversary production.
- What Could Have Been: Had the film been successful, there would've been other movies following Shin who would "evolve" into a more Kamen Rider-like form (A belt and armor).
- The idea is even seen in some other series. In the first episode of Black, Kotaro turns into a form that's pretty monstrous for a little while before completing the transformation; his Transformation Sequence continues to feature the "Grasshopper Man" for a brief flash before the helmet forms. Agito also features the monstrous "Another Agito" as someone whose 'evolution' into an Agito is not as complete as our main hero's. Those series stop short of this level of Body Horror, but provide an idea of what might have been planned for Shin once the "prologue" this film was intended as was over and his journey began in earnest.
- The Wiki Rule: Covered as part of the Kamen Rider Wiki and as an individual series on the Kamen Rider Shin Wiki.
- Word of God: It was stated that Shin was the favorite Kamen Rider of Shotaro Ishinomori and is his original vision of what a Kamen Rider is.
Trivia / Shin Kamen Rider: Prologue