- Author Existence Failure: Miyu Matsuki, Anna's Japanese voice actress, died not long after the anime ended. It's believed that this is one of the reasons why a second season never happened.
- Crossdressing Voices: The voice acting for Oboro is done by women in both the Japanese version (Sumire Uesaka) and the English dub (Megan Vander Pluym).
- Dueling Works: With Prison School, which is actually funny considering that they were produced by the same studio.
- No Export for You: Despite the anime's popularity in the English-speaking community, the light novels have not been distributed or even translated.
- Reality Subtext: Concerning Japan's fierce censorship laws.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- The series actually became a bit of a Kantai Collection reunion of sorts: Shizuka Ishigami as Ayame, Yui Horie as Kosuri, Yui Ogura as Binkan-chan, and Sumire Uesaka as Oboro. Which means: Kawakaze and Mamiya are now ero-terrorists, Fubuki is now the head of the Decency Prefect Squad, and Taigei is a recurring random girl who gets caught in all the SOX shenanigans.
- In the English dub, Tanukichi and Ayame are Issei and Rias. And they had a personality swap, though Rias was never really a stiff.
- Sleeper Hit: Before the Summer 2015 anime season started, this series wasn't on anybody's radar. However, after the first episode aired, it started gaining traction due to its unique premise and genuine humor. Its popularity would skyrocket following episodes 4 and 5.
- The Wiki Rule: Also counts in a boring world where the concept of dirty jokes doesn't exist.
Trivia / Shimoneta