- All-Star Cast: A lot of the well-known Japanese voice actors participate in voicing the game's characters and cards.
- Colbert Bump: Shadowverse has sponsored collaborations with several popular internet personalities, such as ProZD and Kizuna AI making videos or comedic skits about playing the game. As an effect, many fans admitted trying out this game because they saw their favorite YouTuber advertising Shadowverse.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: As with Granblue Fantasy and Rage of Bahamut, Megumi Ogata voices Grimnir.
- Fan Nickname: So many examples that it now has its own page.
- I Knew It!: Some fans were quick to point out that Maisha happens to be one of the major antagonists in the Guild Wars story arch, noting there isn't much characterization of her alongside with various Foreshadowing from many of the characters in the Guild Wars story arch (in combination with her very suspicious Nice Girl personality). The Altersphere expansion featured various characters from the Guild Wars story arch as playable cards, but Maisha missing as a playable card until the Altersphere mini-expansion where she is featured as a Portalcraft card also adds hints about her role as the villain.
- Meme Acknowledgement: The Smiling Rowen meme, which originated from the English fandom, was once re-posted by the official English Shadowverse Twitter page and had Rowen's edited face as its logo for a short while.
- Milestone Celebration:
- For every 1 million downloads, Cygames gives away X free packs of the latest expansion equivalent to the X million times the game has been downloaded. As the playerbase grew over time, the milestone celebrations instead turn into Chest events and fixed amounts of free packs as additional login bonuses.
- There are also Anniversary events commemorating years of the game, which give free packs from all expansions to the players, as well as the Polls which allow the player to vote which among the characters should be featured as the next leaders.
- Only Six Faces: Although Shadowverse's card art draws from the talents of many different artists, it's very easy to determine which artist drew what by the facial features. For instance, compare Arisa with Olivia, Aurelia, and Cassiopeia.
- Playing Against Type: Max Mittelman generally voices young, heroic teenagers. In Shadowverse, he voices Albert, who spots a Badass Baritone Large Ham voice instead.
- Playing with Character Type: Brianna Knickerbocker normally voices soft-spoken shy girls and/or Nice Girls like Itsuki, Chisaki, Marga, Kirin, Elaine, Sakura, Iori, and Akane. Here, she voices Luna, who happens to be a kind, friendly, and polite young Necromancer, yet she's a Creepy Child that wants to befriend people by turning them into undead. Luna's kind and friendly demeanor also reflects with her Dark and Troubled Past where her parents were killed by a burglar in front of her very own eyes and was emotionally traumatized by it.
- Poe's Law: Jolly Rogers is a pirate who gains a random ability which can make or break his usefulness in different situations. Is it a veiled Take That! to Hearthstone's Pirate meta and random effects? Best not read too hard into it.
- Role Reprisal: Those who have originally dubbed the English voices for the characters in the Granblue Fantasy anime returned to voice their respective Granblue characters in the "Brigade of the Sky" Crossover expansion in this game. The same goes with the English voice actors for the One-Punch Man collaboration leaders.
- The Other Darrin: The English dub for chapters 9-11 in the Story Mode drastically changed the voice actress for Arisa. In the Tempest of the Gods expansion, many cards ended up having new voice actors.
- The Wiki Rule: The Shadowverse Wiki.
Trivia / Shadowverse