- Actor Allusion:
- In the fifth episode of season 1, Audrey can be seen reading a comic adaptation of Arrow, which Bex Taylor-Klaus worked on.
- This isn't the first time Willa Fitzgerald has played a teenage girl named Emma.
- At one point Noah tells Audrey that his favorite serial killer is BTK. Which is, of course, also the initials of Bex Taylor-Klaus.
- Dueling Shows: With Scream Queens (2015) and Dead of Summer, two other teen-oriented Horror Series.
- Dawson Casting: Applies to all actors portraying the main cast, who are all in their 20s while playing high school students. The only aversion is Riley, who is played by 17-year-old Brianne Tju.
- Fan Nickname: "ScreaMTV" for the show as a whole.
- I Knew It!:
- From the start, several fans were betting that Brandon James and Maggie had a lovechild who may or may not be involved in the killings. Episode 8 confirmed this.
- Many fans guessed that Piper Shaw was the season 1 killer almost from the moment the character was introduced.
- A lot of people figured that Audrey was the second killer long before the reveal. Subverted, however, as this was just a Red Herring.
- Pretty much everyone guessed Kieran was the actual second killer within a few episodes of the second season.
- In Memoriam: The Season 1 finale is dedicated to Wes Craven, who died the week before it aired.
- Life Imitates Art:
- The show is set in a town called Lakewood, and the license plates on the cars resemble Colorado plates. In late 2015, the real-life town of Lakewood, Colorado (a suburb of Denver) saw a string of bank robberies by a trio of robbers wearing Ghostface masks.
- Bex Taylor-Klaus came out as gay in 2016 like her character Audrey.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor: Bex Taylor-Klaus, like her character, is openly gay.
- The Other Darrin: Voice actor Roger L. Jackson is replaced by Mike Vaughn as the iconic voice of Ghostface for the first two seasons. An interview with one of the producers have confirmed Jackson is returning to the role, come season 3.
- The foreign dubs of Season 2 replaced most of the actors, with the worst offenders being French (France to Belgium) and Latin Spanish (Chile to Colombia). European Spanish changed cities from Barcelona to Madrid, keeping only Emma's voice actor. The Italian dub stayed in Rome, but changed studios with new voices for everyone except Emma's mother. The Portuguese dub was mostly safe, staying in Rio de Janeiro but changing studios (Audrey and Ghostface were the most notable recasts).
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: The third season was supposed to premiere in the spring of 2018, but was delayed following the disgrace of producer Harvey Weinstein, whose name wound up removed from the credits of the third season. Additionally, the recent mass shootings, including the one at the Stoneman Douglas High School, may have also delayed the season.
- What Could Have Been: One would wonder what the show would've been had the third season been a continuation of the first two seasons than a standalone season. One of the main reasons why the show was retooled for its third season is because Bex Taylor-Klaus decided to focus on voicing Pidge in Voltron: Legendary Defender than returning.
- You Look Familiar: In the Brazilian Portuguese dub, Maggie Duval is voiced by Mônica Rossi, who had already dubbed over Gale Weathers in all the film sequels.
Trivia / Scream: The TV Series