- Development Hell: Cross Days was delayed no less than SIX times, from its original release date of February 2009 to March 19th, 2010.
- Fan Translation: A partial translation patch was released in August 2010 by Sekai Project and endorsed by the game's maker, 0verflow. Later, when the game was licensed, the fan translators became the official localization team.
- Name's the Same: Rather hilariously, one of the producers of the anime is also named Makoto Itou (though the name is really common in Japan), and his name can actually be seen in the opening credits.
- No Export for You:
- For several years, it was assumed there'd be no Western localization of the anime due to the infamous ending and the circumstances regarding it. This was subverted, but only because it was made available for streaming on Crunchyroll in the U.S, and was eventually picked up for a proper release by Discotek Media.
- The latest version of the visual novel was also eventually licensed for US release.
- The manga, however, will stay in Japan. Thanks to a notice from a major manga publisher in Argentina, Kadokawa (who published the manga in Japan) won't authorize any foreign releases of the manga outside Japan.
- Referenced by...: "Nice Boat" and some iconic scenes from School Days get referenced by other anime:
- Hell Girl: In Episode 21 of season two. A guy named Makoto coldly rejects the woman pregnant with his child.
- Aikatsu Stars!: As a form of Gag Censor: Episode 37 had Mahiru struggle breaking her tiles, so she "violently" starts breaking them apart piece by piece behind a scene of a boat on a lake...
- Yuki Yuna is a Hero: One scene in the Jukai no Kioku game suddenly cuts to a scene of a boat on a lake, referencing the infamous "Nice Boat" meme from School Days. One of YuYuYu's writers, Makoto Uezu, was also a writer for the School Days anime.
- Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru: The OVA keeps up with the School Days references by recreating the infamous "There's nobody inside." scene near the end of the episode.
- Higurashi Day Break: In the PSP game, Natsume's charge move looks a lot like what Sekai does to Makoto in the finale of the School Days anime.
- Yandere No Onna No Ko: Sonoko is an Expy of Kotonoha Katsura, with a bit of an Irony that Sonoko is voiced by Shiho Kawaragi, the actor of Kotonoha's fellow Yandere rival, Sekai Saionji.
- Daily Lives of High School Boys: Applies only to the Cantonese dub. In multiple places, people referred to "Makoto, scum of the earth." This is the epithet for School Days' Makoto Itou among anime watchers in Chinese-speaking regions.
- Pop Team Epic: At the start of Episode 5, the "Steamboat Willie" parody is censored with footage of a boat. Later on in the episode, we have a skit with Popuko doing her impression of Mi**ey, and we only get to see it via her shadow. The boat censorship, which was placed there to indicate "violence and adult issues" which were deemed harmful to minors, also doubles as one in and of itself if you know the reference: the following skit, "IMO☆YOBA", which was not censored, sees Iyo Sakuragi snap and attempt to stab Pipimi with a knife, only for Hojo-senpai to take the hit. Complete with Gorn.
- Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA: The PV for Watashi no Jikan makes good on a couple of old memes, mainly Nice Boat and Leek Spin.
- Honkai Impact 3rd: The "Nice Boat!" achievement is a reference to the last anime episode.
- Kamen Rider Amazons: The episode involving a star-crossed couple and decapitations, amusingly, happens to be named School Days.
- Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!: In the Miyako route, the group catches a stalker named "Ito Makoto".
- Oreimo: In the pilot episode of the anime, when Kirino shows Kyousuke her large stack of H-games, several real-life titles can be spotted in said stack, including (but possibly not limited to) School Days, Summer Days, and Cross Days.
- The World God Only Knows: In Chapter 3, p.2, Keima is playing a galge in the middle of class as usual, but if you pay attention to the text that comes out of his headphones, you'll notice he's playing School Days.
- Yandere Simulator: Akademi Uniform Style 5 bears a resemblance to the uniforms from School Days. Fitting, really for a game featuring a Yandere.
- The Danza: Minami Obuchi is voiced by Minami Kuribayashi.
- Too Soon: The "Nice Boat" incident. To summarize: The last episode of the TV series features Sekai brutally stabbing Makoto to death, Kotonoha cutting off Makoto's head, Kotonoha slitting Sekai's throat, cutting her stomach open to confirm whether she was pregnant, then sailing away with Makoto's severed head. The day before the episode was supposed to air, a 16-year-old Japanese girl stabbed her father to death, so the episode had to be pushed back a week, and its slot replaced with a thirty-minute slideshow, which included a shot of a boat.
- The Wiki Rule: The School Days Wiki.
Trivia / School Days