- Adaptation First: ADV Films released this OVA in North America in 1998, which marked the debut of the Sakura Wars franchise outside of Japan.
- Directed by Cast Member: In the English dub, Gary Dehan was the ADR Director and one of the additional voices.
- God-Created Canon Foreigner: Wakana Shinguji (Sakura's mother), Gontaro Iwai (Sakura's caretaker), Tadayoshi Kanzaki (Sumire's grandfather) and Katsura Shinguji (Sakura's grandmother) first appeared as original creations for the OVA.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: After ADV Films was liquidated in 2009, their North American rights to the OVA expired. As such, it's never been reissued or released digitally and copies can typically go for $25 on Amazon.
- Role Reprise: Reprising their roles from Sakura Wars (1996) are Chisa Yokoyama as Sakura Shinguji, Michie Tomizawa as Sumire Kanzaki, Urara Takano as Maria Tachibana, Kumiko Nishihara as Iris Châteaubriand, Yuriko Fuchizaki as Kohran Li, Mayumi Tanaka as Kanna Kirishima, Masaru Ikeda as Ikki Yoneda, Ai Orikasa as Ayame Fujieda, Akio Suyama as Ichiro Ogami, Katsuhisa Houki as Tenkai and Hiroshi Yanaka as Aoi Satan.
- Studio Hop: At first, the Japanese OVA releases were handled by Bandai Visual. Then, they shifted to Pony Canyon in 2020.
- What Could Have Been: The OVA was announced as part of a planned merger between Sega and Bandai. However, the merger between the two companies was eventually called off.
Trivia / Sakura Wars: The Gorgeous Blooming Cherry Blossoms