- Fake Brit: Ryo Horikawa portrays the British Percy Howard.
- Fake Nationality:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The original Saturn game and Dreamcast port have become hard to find since Sega discontinued the Saturn and Dreamcast.
- Killer App: Along with the first game, Thou Shalt Not Die recorded the biggest sales as a Sega Saturn original title, and was ranked #13 place in the Famitsu's 100 all-time favorite games list, leading the series to become one of Sega's most successful franchises.
- No Export for You: As with the first game, Thou Shalt Not Die was never released overseas due to Sega's uncertainty as to whether the game's blend of genres would find a profitable audience outside of the country.
- Studio Hop: Beginning with this game, Production I.G provided the 2D animation sequences with Shinji Takagi directing. They would continue to do so for the next two games, as well as the remake of the first game and the movie.
- What Could Have Been:
- At one point, the PSP port of this game and Sakura Wars was to be localized, but Sony scrapped the project.
- Production I.G almost refused to participate in the game since it was halfway through development.
- You Sound Familiar: Ai Orikasa, who voiced Kaede Fujieda, previously voiced her sister Ayame in the first game.
Trivia / Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die