- B-Team Sequel: The first two games were developed by Sega's AM5 arcade division under the direction of Tetsuya Mizuguchi. Following his departure from Sega, Sega Rally 2006 was developed by a separate team in-house, and Revo and 3 were developed by the UK-based Sega Racing Studio.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Sega Rally Online Arcade suffered this fate due to being pulled from Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network only a year after its release.
- Milestone Celebration: Sega Rally 2006 was released to celebrate the series' ten year anniversary, and certain versions of the game also included the original arcade game as a port. See Schedule Slip below.
- No Export for You: Sega Rally 2006 was only released in Japan and South Korea. The arcade version of Sega Rally 3 was not released in Japan.
- Recursive Adaptation: Sega Rally 3 was technically an arcade port of REVO, but later got ported to consoles as Online Arcade.
- Schedule Slip: Sega Rally 2006 was originally titled Sega Rally 2005 and was set to be released on the series' ten year anniversary. However, delays caused it to be released a year later.
Trivia / SEGA Rally