- Dyeing for Your Art: For her role as Lisbeth, she bleached her eyebrows, cut her hair short, and had her brow and ears pierced all in one day. Later she had pierced her nipple. More literally, her normally brown hair is dyed black for the role. And she even confessed to wearing a red merkin for the role, in reference to the fact that in the book, Lisbeth was a redhead with her hair dyed black. Talk about committed.
- Fake Brit:
- She gives Tiger Lily an English accent in Pan. She does a fine job, apart from whenever she has to pronounce words like 'chance' or 'ours'.
- She plays the title English character in Una too.
- Fake Irish: Rose in The Secret Scripture.
- Fake Nationality: She's American and played Swedish Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (then later Annu from Don't Worry He Won't Get Far On Foot).
- Old Shame:
- She already views A Nightmare on Elm Street as this. She also said some unflattering things about her appearance on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, though she would later backtrack on them.
- She regrets taking a role in Pan, due to the ensuing controversy over Tiger Lily being played by a white actress.
- Production Posse:
- Shes worked with David Fincher and David Lowery twice.
- She's also worked with Garth Davis twice and has a third film planned with him.
- Romance on the Set: With Joaquin Phoenix on the set of Mary Magdalene, where Phoenix played Jesus, hilariously enough. Their relationship is still going strong.
- Star-Making Role: Her One-Scene Wonder in The Social Network and her acclaimed turn in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo made her famous.
- Those Two Actors: She's done two films with Casey Affleck and three opposite Joaquin Phoenix.
- What Could Have Been: She was originally cast as the lead in Zero Dark Thirty but dropped out to do Side Effects and was replaced by Jessica Chastain.
Trivia / Rooney Mara