- California Doubling: The film's main setting is in Ithaca, New York; however, the film was shot mostly in Georgia around Atlanta and Athens on the campuses of Georgia Tech, Emory, and the University of Georgia. One of the college tour scenes in particular was shot in Sanford Stadium, with UGA's "G" logo visible on the field.
- Completely Different Title: The Croatian release of this film adds a bit of a pun in the title, calling it Put do zrelosti, which loosely translates to "The Road to Maturity".
- Serbia's release was titled "Freshmen in Trouble".
- Follow the Leader: A strange example - this film came only two years after Overnight Delivery and has a very similar plot, but Overnight Delivery was a direct-to-video release, hardly a big success. If there were a little less space between them it would be Dueling Movies.
- Technology Marches On: It is unlikely a college student would be sending videotapes to his girlfriend by snail mail any more in the days of Skype, smartphone cameras and broadband. Cell phones would also have resolved much of the plot a lot more quickly. Finally, nowadays most delivery services, including the USPS, allow the sender of an in-transit package to request online for the delivery to be cancelled or redirected, invalidating the entire premise of the movie even if there was some reason why a college student would be sending a video via snail mail.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Road Trip