- Development Hell: The game was initially announced in 2008, and was scheduled for release in 2009. However, it was seemingly canceled...until it was given a rating of R18+ by the Australian Classification Board.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The game was sold on PC only through Steam, and was removed from it in October 2014.
- Mid-Development Genre Shift: It was first developed as a Wide Open Sandbox, but was changed to a linear mission-based game for unknown reasons.
- Name's the Same: William Conway, Jake's father, is presuambly not competing with Francis Underwood for the 2016 Presidental Election.
- Not Screened for Critics: To review the game, editors for Game Informer and Destructoid had to buy retail copies.
- Old Shame: The game's developer, Eutechnyx, pulled the game's listing from its own website mere months after it came out. Its publisher, Deep Silver, doesn't list the game on its own website either.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Pressure & Time" by Rival Sons plays on the title screen and in the first few minutes of gameplay.
- Stillborn Franchise: Post-uncancellation, Ride to Hell: Retribution was meant to be one of a trio of gamesnote , which were cancelled/abandoned after the flood of negative reviews for Retribution.
- What Could Have Been: The game was originally meant to be a Wide Open Sandbox, rather than a linear driving/shooting game.
Trivia / Ride to Hell: Retribution