For the Video Game:
- Executive Meddling: Creative director Jean-Max Morris stated in an interview that he had people telling him that they couldn't have a female protagonist because most gamers didn't want female protagonists. He was also told that he couldn't involve anything resembling a romance in the game, because making a guy like the player kiss another man would "feel awkward", because apparently having the female player character kiss a man makes the player controlling her gay and that would be uncomfortable.
- Name's the Same: Zero Punctuation jokingly noted that Edge has the same name as the guitarist from U2.
- What Could Have Been: Aside from the aforementioned romantic subplot, Nilin went through a number of different character designs and initially rode around the flooded streets of Neo-Paris on a wakeboard for half the game, and there was a TWEWY-esque game mechanic where you could read the memories of passersby (probably dropped because most of the levels don't even have people you interact with aside from enemies).
For the Film:
- Fake American: British Robert Pattinson, Irish Pierce Brosnan and Australian Emilie de Ravin all playing New Yorkers.
- Scully Box: Utilised for scenes between Emilie de Ravin (5 ft 2) and Robert Pattinson (6 ft 1).
- What Could Have Been: In early drafts, the Hawkins family were named 'Roth' instead.
- Working Title: Memoirs, after Tyler's diary.