- Black Sheep Hit: "Fidelity", the only song of hers to come close to troubling the pop charts, features no piano. While not a bad song, that is her signature thing.
- For whatever reason, "You've Got Time" is the same. No piano, but one of her better known songs, especially since Season 2.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: More than two thirds of her catalogue is unavailable on her CDs - the rest exists only as live bootlegs and studio demos that she appears to be fine with, with one exception - her 1999 Demo. Also, her first album, 11:11, is only available as a (legit) digital download.
- Songs was also only ever legally available from an online indie music store (which, thankfully, is still going), and her concerts.
- No-Hit Wonder: For all her success, Spektor has never had a top 40 hit. The closest she has had to a hit single is "Fidelity", which reached 51 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Old Shame: She may feel this way about some songs, they way she talks about her own work, but her true old shame is her appearance in the super-obscure film Winning Girls Through Psychic Mind Control, which she has never, ever mentioned in interviews.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: She writes about whatever pops into her head. It shows.
Trivia / Regina Spektor