- Billing Displacement: Laurie Holden is billed before Nicole Muñoz, even though Leah is the film's protagonist.
- Dawson Casting:
- Nicole Muñoz was twenty-three playing the sixteen-year-old Leah.
- Chloe Rose was twenty-two as Janice.
- Enforced Method Acting: When Leah is hiding from Pyewacket in the woods, Nicole Muñoz was genuinely terrified of Bianca Melchior doing the contortions.
- Throw It In: Leah crying a Single Tear out of guilt that she's performed the ritual while lying in bed was unscripted, and Nicole Muñoz was just so Lost in Character.
- Typecasting: Nicole Muñoz frequently plays troubled teens in fantasy, sci-fi and horror.
- Word of Saint Paul: Laurie Holden created an additional backstory for her character that is never mentioned in the final film.
- Write What You Know: Adam MacDonald based the moving house plot line off how when he was sixteen, his mother moved them up north.
Trivia / Pyewacket