- Actor-Inspired Element: Pedro Pascal decided by himself to give Ezra a Southern accent, a facial scar, and a Skunk Stripe. The prop department also had to compact Ezra's backpack to reduce the strain on Pascal's aching back.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Zeek Earl cited Ezra's tendency to speak with Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness as a trait that attracted the role to Pedro Pascal, who often recites or performs William Shakespeare plays.
- California Doubling: The Green Moon's alien landscape is the Hoh Rainforest in Western Washington. Anyone familiar with the area can spot some of its distinctive flora.
- Limited Special Collector's Ultimate Edition: The 2021 Limited Edition UHD set bundled the movie together with an Aurelac Prospecting booklet and some trading cards.
- One-Take Wonder: Pedro Pascal and Sophie Tatcher only needed one take to perform Cee shooting Ezra in the shoulder.
- Promoted Fanboy: Earl and Caldwell went from merely loving movies directed by Mark and Jay Duplass, to directing Jay Duplass themselves, after they cast him as Damon.
- Short Run in Peru: The German Ultra HD release came out two years before the American set.
- Those Two Actors: Andre Royo and Anwan Glover share no scenes, but are both best known for their roles in The Wire.
- Throw It In!: Ezra's blonde streak came from Pedro Pascal attempting to streak Ezra's Skunk Stripe himself, only to mess up so badly, it came out blonde instead of white.
- What Could Have Been: The movie originally ended with Ezra revealing to Cee that he smuggled a gem onto the ship, but the directors decided this and the buildup would create Ending Fatigue.
Trivia / Prospect