- Actor Allusion:
- Awesome, Dear Boy:
- Sally Phillips jumped at the chance to play Mrs Bennet and described it as her favourite role.
- Lily James accepted the role after reading just seven script pages.
- Box Office Bomb: The film was expected to gross $10-15 million in its opening weekend (against a budget of $28 million). It grossed $15.4 million worldwide in a little less than a month. Possible factors include tough competition from movies like Hail, Caesar!, Kung Fu Panda 3, and Deadpool, its premier happening in February and had poor critical reception.
- Casting Gag: Lily James had been touted as "the next Keira Knightley". So she's cast in a parody of a role that Keira herself played in Joe Wright's adaptation of the book. Previously the role was going to be played by Natalie Portman - whom Keira had doubled for in The Phantom Menace.
- Corpsing: Many of Lizzie's lines were cut in scenes with Mr Collins because Matt Smith kept making Lily James burst out laughing.
- Dyeing for Your Art: The actresses playing the Bennet sisters exercised up to five times a week with boxing and stunt training.
- Fake Brit: Australian actress Bella Heathcote as Jane Bennet.
- Follow the Leader: Quite a few other authors have attempted this sort of thing since, including "Mr. Darcy, Vampire."
- Playing with Character Type: Lily James got known for starring in various period pieces - Downton Abbey, War & Peace and Cinderella (2015). Here she plays with her English Rose image, portraying Elizabeth Bennet as a zombie hunter.
- Romance on the Set: Lily James (Lizzie) and Matt Smith (Collins) started dating during production.
- Saved from Development Hell: The movie adaptation struggled to get produced for years, due to the Girl-Show Ghetto. The successes of The Hunger Games, Lucy and Divergent convinced executives to finally greenlight it.
- Throw It In!: Lily James accidentally hit Sam Riley during their fight scene.
- What Could Have Been:
- Natalie Portman was meant to play Lizzie, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. She remained on as a producer.
- David O. Russell was likewise meant to direct, but he too had to drop out.
- Among the actresses courted to play Lizzie but who chose not to - Blake Lively, Scarlett Johansson and Anne Hathaway.
- At one point Lily Collins, Jennifer Aniston and Rowan Atkinson were all attached to star.
Trivia / Pride and Prejudice and Zombies