- Ascended Fanon: It's fairly passé now, but RéBURST is the first sanctioned Pokémon manga where gijinkas are given larger focus. Prior to this, the Pokémon gijinkas were given low exposure in official Pokémon media outside special events.
- Colbert Bump: When the images of Pokémon Sun and Moon's Z-Crystal were first leaked in early 2016, it suspiciously resembled a Burst Heart right down to the shape coinciding with the speculation of Ash-Greninja being a Fusion Dance rather than a simple Super Mode via Bond Evolution as revealed later on, the similarity of the design and timing of Ash-Greninja's reveal set the Epileptic Trees on fire and many Pokémon bloggers started referencing this manga, coming up with theories that it would actually be the next big game mechanic. Of course, it was actually the Z-move mechanic instead.
- Fan Nickname: Pokémon Frontier, on account of both being departures from their respective series' usual Mons mechanics by having the heroes become the Pokemon by way of transformation trinkets containing a Pokemon in some form, merging them together.
- No Export for You: Like most Pokémon manga, it was never released outside of Japan.
- Old Shame:
- Shonen Sunday apparently pretends this series never existed, given that they deleted its page on their official website.
- Somewhat averted with the series' author, Mitsuhisa Tamura. His Twitter page mentions the manga in his profile description.
Trivia / Pokémon RéBURST