- Ascended Fanon: May and Serena becoming friends was a common trope in fanfiction & fan-art due to their similar personalities and shared interest in Pokémon contests. Their cameo together in episode 132 shows they have indeed met and are competing in contests alongside each other.
- Casting Gag: Alternate Ash is voiced by Gabriel Ramos, Ash's original voice actor, in the Latin American Spanish dub.
- Channel Hop: A step above your typical example, as, whereas other series have been shown on TV, this one (in the US at least) is a Netflix series.
- Cross-Regional Voice Acting: Previously, the dubbing was handled at DuArt Media Services in New York City. Beginning with this series, it is handled by Iyuno-SDI Group, located in Burbank, California, partnering with New York-based Goldcrest Post. This means this series now has talent from both New York and Los Angeles working on the show whereas previous entries used either or, depending on the project*
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": The episode "Thrash of the Titans!" features a brief fantasy sequence to Iris's Gible and Clair, a nod to her special during the XY series, but that episode only aired in Asia. So technically, for audience in the West, Iris's Gible makes first appearance in this series.
- In Memoriam: JN093 was the final recording that Billy Kametz did for the show before he passed away. The episode was dedicated to his memory. Fittingly enough, it was a focus episode of one of the characters he voiced.
- I Knew It!:
- After Chloe and Eevee started to meet different trainers that each have a different eeveelution, many predicted that Serena would be the Sylveon trainer. One day before the Sylveon episode, JN105, it was revealed that Serena was in fact the final eevelution trainer.
- In a related situation, most people predicted that unlike the other returning characters, Serena would be wearing a new outfit. Lo and behold, she did.
- After Ash scored a victory against Leon fans speculated that the character would be retired. It was confirmed as such on December 16, 2022, and that two new protagonists would take over the reigns of the anime following a final eleven episode miniseries. Additionally, many speculated that the anime would have its first female lead rather than a supporting character.
- The Original Darrin: In the Latin Spanish dub, Gerardo Del Valle returns to voice Gary Oak, like he did in the original series.
- The Other Darrin:
- Tsuguo Mogami succeeded the late Unshō Ishizuka as Gary's Blastoise, though many of Ishizuka's dialogue is recycled for several of his other roles (such as Ash's Kingler and Brock's Steelix) to let him appear after his passing.
- Shogo Sakata replaced Katsuyuki Konishi as Cynthia's Garchomp.
- JN032 is the first time that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka provided the voice for Raihan, as Tatsuhisa Suzuki was taking a hiatus from the entertainment industry at the time.
- Mallow is voiced by Emily Cramer instead of Rebecca Soler, her Sun and Moon voice actor.
- Volkner is now voiced by Griffin Puatu instead of Eli James.
- Commander Jupiter is now voiced by Kira Buckland instead of Eileen Stevens.
- An as-yet unrevealed voice actor voices Clemont's Dedenne is the English dub, instead of reusing Megumi Satou like in the XY series. The same applies for Ash's Bayleef, who's voiced by an unknown actor in the English dub for its return instead of Mika Kanai.
- Anairis Quińones takes over as Iris for the Masters Eight arc from Eileen Stevens.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: May and Max had no lines when they reappeared due to May's voice actress KAORI having semi-retired from voice acting following health complications with her larynx, as well as Max's original voice actress having flat out retired from the industry all together.
- Trolling Creator: Serena and Dawn are two of the most popular female companions, whose status as major shipping targets with Ash which riled up audiences when it was revealed past companions will return. During their reappearances, Ash is subjected to many Running Gags that delay his meeting with them until the very end of the episode despite having plenty of screentime with previous characters like Gary or Iris.
- Troubled Production: In early October 2022, an animator would confirm what many fans had suspected with a rush of weekly breaks and recap episodes towards the end of Journeys: the animation studio is having trouble, specifically from a lack of animators.
Trivia / Pokémon Journeys: The Series