- Actor Allusion: In the Japanese version, Hoopa Unbound is voiced by Kōichi Yamadera, who served as the dub voice to the much friendlier Genie of Disney's Aladdin.
- Box Office Bomb: While the exact budget remains a mystery (as with all Pokémon movies), Hoopa and the Clash of Ages holds the dubious honor of being the lowest grossing Pokémon movie since Pokémon Heroes (and was, until the very next movie, the lowest-grossing movie in the franchise), only making around ¥1.35 billion ($11 million) by its third weekend and ending up with ¥2.4 billion overall.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Averted in the Mexican Spanish dub for Hoopa's confined form, where he is voiced by an actual young boy (David Reyes).
- Directed by Cast Member: Once again, the Mexican Spanish dub was directed by Diana Pérez, who provided the voice for Jessie.
- The Other Marty: Hoopa Confined had a different voice in the first English trailer.
- Real-Life Relative: Salvador Reyes, who provided additional voices in the Mexican Spanish dub, and David Reyes, who voiced Hoopa Confined in that dub, are father and son respectively.
Trivia / Pokémon: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages