- All-Star Cast: The original game already had a stacked Japanese cast, and Strikers has new additions which include Misaki Kuno, Shin-ichiro Miki, Ayane Sakura, Daisuke Kishio, Yōko Hikasa, Kyoko Terase, Naomi Ozora and Toru Okawa.
- Content Leak:
- The game being available for Nintendo Switch was leaked through photos of a placeholder Persona 5 listing for Nintendo Switch on a Best Buy employee terminal a few weeks before the game's official announcement, and the name for the game was partially leaked via a list of Persona 5-related domains that were registered a few months prior.
- The game's playable roster, as well as almost every boss in the gameNote (Spoilers) and most of the game's OST, was leaked online via datamining of the playable demo two weeks before the game's release.
- The Western release was leaked by a video on Atlus' official YouTube channel that was prematurely uploaded publicly. The video was taken down shortly after, though it ended up being reuploaded on other channels and across social media anyway and could be found relatively easily before the official trailer went up again.
- Fan Nickname: Upon his reveal, Jail King Akira Konoe was nicknamed Tony Stark due to his close resemblance to Robert Downey Jr..
- God Never Said That: Some people have claimed that the game's events confirm that Persona 5: Royal is non-canon because Sumire does not appear, even claiming that the game outright ignores Royal's expanded plot. Neither turned out to be true; Strikers references the events of Royal's third semester at a few points and Sumire's absence is explained as her attending Internationals.
- I Knew It!:
- Many correctly guessed the p5s.jp URL from the aforementioned list of registered domains was intended for a Nintendo Switch game.
- Virtually everyone predicted the Demiurge would be the final boss.
- While people did predict that P5S was a Switch game, it is not a port of the original game.
- Due to the game being a Musou game, many people speculated the possibility of characters from previous games showing up or being announced as DLC. Come the game's release and not only do no characters outside of the vanilla roster Thieves (sans Akechi) and three side characters from 5 appear, but a further datamine of the game revealed there was no future DLC for the game planned.
- A popular pre-release theory was that Sophie would have some connection to Yaldabaoth from the previous game, with those who played Royal speculating that she might also have a connection to Adam Kadmon, Maruki's Persona. It turns out that while there is a Demiurge in Strikers who serves as the true mastermind behind the EMMA app, she and Sophie have no connection whatsoever with Yaldabaoth. Her having a connection to Adam Kadmon was also very likely deconfirmed, as it is mentioned nowhere in the game.
- People also speculated that the game follows the Vanilla storyline and not Royal's. A line from near the end of this game heavily implies that it is Royal's storyline.Note — Royal spoilers!
- Late Export for You: The western release date is almost a year after the games Japanese launch. According to an interview set up between Cassandra Lee Morris and Erika Harlacher, part of the reason why a Western release took some time to get set was due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, which delayed the cast's recordings while trying to observe quarantine.
- Promoted Fanboy: Omega Force were said to be fans of the Persona series, and special care was taken on their part to ensure that the series was represented faithfully in their eyes.
- Refitted for Sequel:
- The original premise for Persona 5 was going to be a world-traveling adventure, but it got changed in favor of what the game is today in part due to Katsura Hashino's feelings towards the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake. While that concept was somewhat used in the base game such as the school trip to Hawaii, in Strikers traveling is a part of the story, albeit confined within Japan.
- The cowboy-themed design of Hasegawa's Metaverse outfit resembles an early concept design for Goro Akechi's Black Mask outfit.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Yusuke and Zenkichi were once Joi Rebels.
- What Could Have Been: According to a developer interview, the game was originally envisioned as Persona Warriors and would have featured characters from previous Persona games as well as 5. However, during scenario planning, it was decided to instead focus on Persona 5.
Persona 5 Strikers
aka: Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers