- Character Outlives Actor: Although Isamu Tanonaka died of a heart attack in 2010, Igor still appears in the anime using leftover voice clips from the game.
- The Other Darrin: Several in the English dub of the anime. Notably, the changes made to Chie, Kanji and Teddie
- Posthumous Credit: Despite his fatal heart attack in 2010, Isamu Tanonaka is still given a credit as Igor since his voice lines were reused from the game.
- Playing Against Type: While the dub makes her more expressive, it's rather unique to have Cassandra Lee Morris, who normally plays characters more impulsive and emotional, playing Aika, who is stoic, calm and rather serious.
- The Resolution Will Not Be Televised: The TV broadcast only covered up to the "Good Ending", which deals with the confrontation with Adachi and the battle with Ameno-Sagiri. The REAL final episode, titled "No One Is Alone", was released with the tenth (and last) volume of the anime in Japan.
- Role Reprise:
- One of the things that convinced fans the series wasn't going to be a half-assed adaptation was the announcement that the entire cast of the game would be reprising their roles for the series. This even goes so far as to reuse Igor's dialogue from the game, due to his Japanese voice actor Isamu Tanonaka dying in the time between Persona 4 being released on & the development of the anime, rather than recasting the character.
- The majority of the cast returns for the dub, albeit with Johnny Yong Bosch altering Adachi's voice to sound less like Yu Narukami & the examples mentioned in The Other Darrin above.
- Talking to Himself:
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Yu Narukami and Tohru Adachi. The climax has these two characters going head-to-head. Due to Adachi sounding a lot like his normal dubbing voice in the original game, Bosch adopted a raspier voice to differentiate Adachi and Narukami, making them easier to distinguish.
- Matthew Mercer as Kanji Tatsumi and Taro Namatame.
Trivia / Persona 4: The Animation