- Actor-Inspired Element: A lot of Bet Sykes' personality (minus the violence and callousness, of course) is due to Paloma Faith herself. She was given creative freedom by Danny Cannon and Bruno Heller at that.
- Channel Hop: Season 3 will premiere on HBO Max in 2022.
- Darkhorse Casting:
- Dye Hard: Paloma Faith (Bet Sykes) is naturally a dark brunette, and went platinum blonde for the first three episodes then redhead for the rest of the series.
- Fake American: British actors Ben Aldridge and Emma Paetz play Americans Thomas Wayne and Martha Kane.
- Flip-Flop of God: The question of whether this show is a prequel to Gotham or not seems to change depending on when you ask the creators. In this article Danny Cannon claims that they are connected, but at the DC Fandome event they announced that Lucius Fox would be appearing in Season 2. A character whom Alfred didn't meet until season 1 of Gotham. Only time will tell at this point.
- Hey, It's That Place!: At one point, Alfred rents an apartment at the Florin Court (the name was kept in), an Art Deco / Streamline Moderne residential building on the eastern side of Charterhouse Square in Smithfield, London. That building was previously used as the fictional "Whitehaven Mansions", the residence of Hercule Poirot in ITV's Poirot.
- Troubled Production: The production of Season 2 was delayed a few weeks due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, though it still resumed on time for a December 2020 release for the first four episodes, with the rest of the season starting to air in March 2021.
- The Wiki Rule: Here. Some Gotham wikis also have Pennyworth articles due to both series sharing the same showrunners and Friendly Fandoms, despite both of them possibly being alternate continuities.
Trivia / Pennyworth