- All-Star Cast: The show has managed to attract a large number of well-known film actors to its cast, including but not limited to Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Sam Neill, Tom Hardy, Adrien Brody, and Aidan Gillen, among others.
- Big Name Fan: Among others, Snoop Dogg and David Bowie (who, before passing away, gave permission for the at-the-time unreleased title track from Lazarus to be used in season 3).
- Dawson Casting: Tommy's age in the pilot is given as 29, which would make him from 22 in the World War I flashbacks to 34 as of season 3. Cillian Murphy is forty. Has anyone checked his attic for a portrait?!
- Fake Brit: Irishman Cillian Murphy playing Brummie Thomas Shelby.
- Fake Irish:
- Annabelle Wallis plays the trope straight; she's from England.
- Sam Neill is a subversion; he was born in Northern Ireland and his character is from Northern Ireland, but he's more frequently billed from where he grew up in New Zealand.
- Paddy Considine is from England, but plays Irish priest Father Hughes.
- Production Posse: Tom Hardy was cast as Alfie Solomons because creator Steven Knight had just directed him in Locke a few months before they begun casting for season 2. Also a factor was Hardy's acting relationship with Cillian Murphy (Tommy).
- Real-Life Relative:
- Joe and Finn Cole (John Shelby and Michael Gray) are brothers in real life, though not on the show (they're cousins).
- Charlotte Riley (May Carleton) and Tom Hardy (Alfie Solomons) are a couple in real life.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: The casting department on Peaky Blinders really must be commended. Cillian Murphy, Paul Anderson, and Joe Cole as the three eldest Shelby brothers all share the same blue eyes and jawline, and Anderson in particular is a dead ringer for a younger Tommy Flanagan, who plays their father. Among the ladies, Helen McCrory and Sophie Rundle could play mother and daughter, not aunt and niece, and they both share similar features with the men of the family. Youngest Shelby brother Finn as played by Alfie Evans-Meese wasn't as close a fit, resemblance-wise, but Harry Kirton as the teenaged Finn looks exactly like Cole. Not to mention Joe Cole's younger brother Finn playing Michael Gray, who also looks as if he could be Helen McCrory's son.
- Teasing Creator: There's been a big backlash from some parts of the fandom in reaction to the death of Grace in season 3. Not helping is the varying reactions of the creator/actors - writer/creator Steven Knight says she's dead, but seems to like poking the fanbase about it; actor/executive producer Cillian Murphy says he's disappointed, but she's dead; actress Annabelle Wallis seems to be playing it coy, questioning if Grace somehow survived and acting as if she may return. So basically God and Sts Paul and Peter are arguing amongst themselves.
Trivia / Peaky Blinders