- Defictionalization: The Clothing brand shirt worn by Isaac in chapter 3 can now be bought from Hive Mill, and the Insolent Children shirt worn by Max is available too.
- Similarly Named Works: There's also a show on National Geographic titled Paranatural.
- Technology Marches On: As the years have passed since the comic's debut, flip phones like Max's have become less common. Lampshaded in one alt text.
- What Could Have Been:
- A relatively minor example, as far as this trope goes, but chapter 2 was split into multiple chapters, with former chapter 2 elements appearing as far ahead as chapter 4, instead of being one very long installment.
- According to Zack, Isaac's tool was originally a car.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things: It was discovered that one could post comments in the "future" by manipulating the site's code. This got out of hand, messing up the comments section; as a result, the comments have been disabled.
- Word of God:
- The male and female spectrals with Zarei are named Griggs and Savage, respectively. Savage is also the singer of Anarchyopterix, the band mentioned in RJ's backstory.
- Garcia's first name, Jean, is pronounced like 'gene'.
Trivia / Paranatural