- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the Japanese version:
- Shiki is voiced by veteran actor Naoto Takenaka.
- Kitajima, a fishman allied with Shiki, is played by swimmer Kosuke Kitajima.
- Ever, Xiao's older sister, is voiced by newscaster and tarento Aiko Kaitou.
- The Danza: Kosuke Kitajima plays a character of the same name.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": For those only following the English dub, this movie marks the first appearance of Brook.
- Milestone Celebration: Was made in honor of the series' ten-year anniversary. It was also why Oda personally wrote the script.
- No Export for You:
- The film's ending theme, "Fanfare" by Mr. Children, is not present in foreign releases, presumably because of the difficulties involved in securing the rights to a song by such a popular band. The North American release replaces it with an instrumental piece from the film's soundtrack, while the Russian one is just completely silent.
- Likewise the Episode 0 anime adaptation as that was a promotional special funded by a food company. Thus Toei doesn't have the rights to allow it to be dubbed.
- Schedule Slip: The original intent was for the film to be released Spring 2009, but disagreements with the script and a rewrite forced the movie to be pushed back to winter of that year instead.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: The ending theme "Fanfare" by Mr. Children is not used in foreign releases thanks to possible difficulties in securing the requisite rights from Toy's Factory.
- What Could Have Been: Whitebeard was intended to be in the film (though he does appear in the promotional prologue) and the film was centered to be around something called the "Crystal Ship Log".
Trivia / One Piece Film: Strong World