- Billing Displacement: On the original poster and the video box, only Mia Kirshner (Jake's sister), Jamie Pressley (Priscilla), and Randy Quaid (Janey's dad) received billing.
- Completely Different Title:
- In France, the film was released as Sex Academy, parodying the title of then-popular game show Star Academy (Gratuitous English is in effect in both cases).
- In Russia, the film is titled Not a Children's Movie.
- In Spain, the movie was released under the title This is Not Another Dumb American Movie.
- Contractual Purity: Cerina Vincent had just come off Power Rangers Lost Galaxy and was trying to shake off a family-friendly image by appearing nude. This also went the other way around when she was reluctant to be fully nude in Cabin Fever - afraid of being typecast as a 'nude scene actress'.
- Deleted Scene: Cerina Vincent shot more nude scenes, but they ended up on the editing room floor. She said in an interview that one of the kids in the movie was underage, and you can't have a nude actress on the same set as a minor.
- Executive Meddling: The studio was unhappy with the original ending of the film, prompting the makers of the film to seek Molly Ringwald's help.
- Irony as She Is Cast: Chris Evans was very turned on by Mia Kirshner grinding on him, making it very difficult to reject her in character.
- Old Shame: Not so much the entire movie, but when asked what his most embarrassing moment in making movies was, Chris Evans replied "I had a banana in my butt."
- Real-Life Relative: Nathan West had a small role in the film, and proposed to girlfriend Chyler Leigh on set during filming.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: They couldn't get the rights to show She's All That on the TV, so they shot the scene with two different people and blurred the TV to hide it - though the resulting effect made it look as though Janey was watching Poor Man's Porn, which she effectively was.
- Working Title: The original title was Teen Movie, but this was ditched as the movie got more and more un-teen. Then the title was changed to NOT A Teen Movie because of this. Then it was changed to Not Another Teen Movie because of all the parodies and the fact that there were so many teen movies before it.
Trivia / Not Another Teen Movie