- Creator's Favorite: According to an interview producer Jiro Ishii's favourite character is June. For director Uchikoshi it's Zero.
- Defictionalization: The numbered bracelets that the characters have were available as a pre-order bonus, and they acted as digital watches.
- Development Hell: The trilogy's final game was dangerously close to this, due to the series having low sales in its home country of Japan. It was eventually released in the summer of 2016.
- Name's the Same:
- In this game, Zero is not the defender against Holy Britanian Empire or the founder of the Patriots. Or a beamsaber-wielding red reploid for that matter. He isn't a white sphere that bleeds frequently either,but seeing as that example was a Big Bad,you're getting closer.
- Nor is Snake the cofounder of Philanthropy. (Or any of the other snakes.)
- And Light isn't Kira.
- Junpei cannot transform into a Digimon, nor can he summon a Persona.
- Pre-Order Bonus: If you pre-ordered from Gamestop online you got a replica of the bracelets. Thankfully it functions as a normal watch. Also, you used to be able to buy them for 5 bucks from the official store. Now they're collector's items that sell upwards of 200 dollars.
- Production Foreshadowing: The Library puzzle on the true route has a series of books which discuss topics that would later appear as prominent motifs in Virtue's Last Reward including mind-swapping, time travel, the Moon Rabbit legend as well as resurrection.
- Role Reprise: Wendee Lee returns as Clover from Virtue's Last Reward, which was dubbed before this game.
- Self-Plagiarism: The recreation of an event that occurred in the past as a means to facilitate Time Travel in order to Set Right What Once Went Wrong by saving someone who died in the first event and, in particular, The Power of Love contributing at least in part to that Time Travel is a very specific plot idea, and it's shared with Ever17, one of the writer's earlier works.
- What Could Have Been: Various stages of the process the game's scenario went through can be seen here.
- Word of God: According to the creator, the nine characters were based on the nine character archetypes of The Enneagram of Personality. Specifically:
- Ace is an Achiever (3)
- Snake an Investigator (5)
- Santa an Enthusiast (7)
- Clover a Loyalist (6)
- Junpei a Challenger (8)
- June a Peacemaker (9)
- Seven a Helper (2)
- Lotus an Individualist (4)
- Ninth Man is a Reformer (1)
Trivia / Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors