- Fake Nationality/Fake Russian: Was billed from Moscow, and later Lithuania after the Soviet Union fell. He was in fact born in Minnesota.
- He Also Did: This commercial for Verve Energy Drink, after it became the official energy drink for Rampage Pro Wrestling in Georgia.
- Method Acting: Has said that he was so committed to getting his gimmick over at first that he would never speak English in public and would never let on that he knew what people were saying. He took it to the point that Ivan had to get him his gym membership, his apartment, pay for his utilities, etc.
- Real Song Theme Tune: Used Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" in the AWA.
- Recycled Script: His Best-of-Seven Series against Magnum T.A. for the NWA United States Heavyweight Title was recycled in 1998 for the Chris Benoit vs. Booker T series over the WCW World Television Title.
- WWE recycled that in 2005, with the same two guys, for the WWE United States Heavyweight Title.
Trivia / Nikita Koloff