- Doing It for the Art: Frank Spotnitz mentioned that despite the negative reviews due to not being comparable to the original series and the bad time slot the show aired on, he was able to work alongside Dan Curtis, who was involved in the production of the original Kolchak series. The two men worked with their best in directing the series in the spirit of the 1970s version, but they both knew that the 9 PM schedule was going to tank the ratings and that the ABC executives had interferred a lot in the production process.
- What Could Have Been:
- Ted Danson and John C. Reilly auditioned to play Kolchak.
- On the DVD Commentary, Frank Spotnitz provides a lot of information on the seriess planned Myth Arc and how it would have progressed over the course of the series.
- Two scripts were left unfilmed due to the seriess cancellation, one of which, "The M-Word", was written by Darin Morgan, who had written several fan-favorite episodes of The X-Files, including the Emmy-winner "Clyde Bruckmans Final Repose".
- The bikers encountered by the main cast are said to be of the Four Horsemen.
Trivia / Night Stalker