- California Doubling: New Kids is an unusual case because about half of the locations claimed to be in Maaskantje are or were actually in the neighboring alleged rival village of Schijndel. This included the Greasy Spoon 't Pleintje.
- Defictionalization: Even though 't Pleintje, the snack-bar the five buy their food from, had been there since before the series started, it ended up filled with New Kids merchandise and is the hub for many fans of the series. It was demolished in early 2020.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The series became widely popular in Germany, due to Comedy Central giving it plenty of promotion.
- No Export for You: The first two seasons were only aired in the Netherlands.
- Real-Life Relative: Tim Haars, the actor who played Gerrie, is the brother of Steffen Haars, the actor who played Robbie, as well as the writer and director alongside Flip van der Kuil (who also plays Barrie)
- The elderly man who constantly shakes his head at the actions of the New Kids is the grandfather of Steffen and Tim.
- The Haars Brothers parents also have guest spots in the series. Their mother can be seen in the episode Dronken, while the man who beats up Gerrie in the episode Boksbal is their father.
- What Could Have Been: The last appearance of the New Kids would've been at the New Kids Happy Hardcore Fest, which was eventually cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
Trivia / New Kids