- Defictionalization: Aoba's Hi-bear-nating Bag was temporarily sold as a real piece of merch, except as a jumpsuit with a hoodie instead of a sleeping bag.
- No Dub for You: The OVA was only released as a bonus for those who submitted their proof-of-purchases of the anime's six initial Japanese DVDs. As a result, it is the only episode of the series to not have an official English release.
- Sleeper Hit: A poll in a Japanese wiki site reveals that New Game! ends up being the most popular anime in the summer 2016 season, even dethroning marketing juggernaut Love Live! Sunshine!!.
- Why Fandom Can't Have Nice Things: Tokunou was very open with his fans by responding and sending signed illustrations for physical letters his fans would send him. Unfortunately due to people reselling said illustrations for their own profit, he announced that he would no longer be doing this practice.
- Write Who You Know: Tokunou wrote the manga based on his own experiences in the Japanese video game industry.
Trivia / New Game!