- Fan Nickname: "Road to NaruSaku", by the Naruto/Sakura shippers.
- God-Created Canon Foreigner: Masashi Kishimoto designed Sakura's parents, Mebuki and Kizashi, specifically for this film. However, like all of the previous films in the franchise, this film is non-canon. Also, their subsequent appearances have only been in the Shippuden anime filler. In this 2014 Fuji TV Kobayashi interview, Kishimoto reveals that Sakura's unpopularity and his own antipathy towards her are the reasons why her parents are not canon.
- God Never Said That: Meta example: The fact that Masashi Kishimoto was remotely involved in the production of this movie at all and that the movie has a lot of Naruto/Sakura Ship Tease, made a lot of their shippers to claim that "RtN is Kishi's baby, and it's a NaruSaku-fest. That means that he officially supports NaruSaku and that it's meant to be the official pairing!". In reality, Kishimoto was only involved with the character designs and the story draft (which is more action-oriented; unlike the next movie, The Last: Naruto the Movie, whose focus is romance and in which Kishimoto was actually heavily involved with, due to the fact that he was the movie's chief story supervisor for the first time ever), while the actual script of this movie was written by Yuka Miyata, who was notorious for inserting NaruSaku moments in the anime Filler... until the manga ended and the anime continued to drag on, in which she finally caught on and stopped bothering to do the insertions for the rest of Shippuden.
- Recycled Script: The movie is infamously guilty of blatantly recycling scenes from several chapters.
- Trolling Creator: Promotional material put focus on teasing Naruto/Hinata and Sasuke/Sakura, but the movie itself teases Naruto/Sakura. Ironically, the first two would later become Official Couples, while the one this non-canon movie focuses on has the next movie, which is the first canon movie of the franchise, sinking it—never mind that it already sunk spectacularly in Chapter 469—and even has Sakura (and the rest of the Konoha 11) being the biggest Shipper on Deck for Naruto/Hinata.
Trivia / Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja