- The Merch: Every volume spends several pages detailing new merchandise and spin-offs of Nana and Yazawa's other works.
- Name's the Same: There's a real-life actress named Nana Komatsu, best known for her Star-Making Role as the titular character in The World of Kanako. She would have been 4 years old at the time the manga was first published, so it's purely coincidental.
- Non-Singing Voice:
- It is notorious that, while Romi Park and Aya Hirano (who by 2006, was starting her singing career) had done character songs for other roles in their works, this time, their singing roles were given to Anna Tsuchiya and Olivia Lufkin, who are better fit for the genres of music that both Nana O. and Reira are supposed to be singing-in-character.
- Averted in the live action movies, where Mika Nakashima and Yuna Ito (Nana and Reira, respectively) are real life singers.
- Quietly Cancelled: Because of Ai Yazawa's persistent health issues, she had to put the series on hiatus. This was back in 2009. She has since briefly resurfaced to do some illustrations for events, a NANA calendar, and made a couple of posts on her Instagram about the series around its 10-year anniversary in 2016, in which she apologized for the long wait and indicated she planned on "doing her best" in the future. As of 2021, no new chapter has been published and no official announcements have been made about Yazawa returning to work. The majority of fans treat the series as being quietly (and understandably) cancelled, despite holding on to the hope that one day Yazawa will provide some sort of ending to the story.
- Schedule Slip: Ai Yazawa has been known to have some problems related to her health that affected the last two years of the manga series before it started its current hiatus on 2009, when they finally sent her to the hospital for 8-9 months. Her previous hiatuses only lasted a few couple of months before publishing a new chapter, but ever since, there hasn't been any official information if the series will ever come back.
- Series Hiatus: Due to health problems from the author, the manga has been put on hiatus since 2009. Given that Yazawa has since recovered, besides making some extra features for Cookie with her NANA's characters, she has yet to give a word on whether or not the manga will be continued.
- The Wiki Rule: Nana Wiki.
Trivia / Nana