- Completely Different Title: From "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru" (や"My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, as I Expected") to "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU."
- Crossdressing Voices: Mikako Komatsu and Margaret McDonald voices Saika.
- Dueling Shows: Versus Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Both features a social outcast Byronic Hero protagonist Played for Laughs and a Dysfunction Junction main ensemble.
- Development Hell: The 12th volume novel of the series hadn't come out for the 2 years since the anime ended. It finally released on 19th of September 2017.
- Fan Nickname:
- Hachiman has 8man, since the "hachi" in his given name means eight. He is also known as Batman or the Dark Knight due to obvious reasons.
- In the same vein, Hayama being the Superman opposite to Hachiman is quite popular as well.
- Since the main characters' parents aren't named at all despite having prominent roles, the fandom generally decided on Yukimom/Yuimom/Hachimom. Other variants include Gahamamama, Mama Yukinoshita/Mama Yuigahama and several others.
- No Dub for You: Averted. Despite being one of the more popular titles licensed by Sentai Filmworks, they left the series undubbed for both of its home releases until it was announced on April 1, 2019 that the show will be dubbed. Not to mention several fandubs in various languages on YouTube.
- Release Date Change: The third season of the anime was initially supposed to air on April 9th, 2020, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sequel Gap: The third season of the anime aired five years after the second season.
- The Wiki Rule: This one.
- Write Who You Know: According to interviews with Watari, Zaimokuza was based on his only friend in high school, while Hachiman is partly based on himself.
Trivia / My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, as I Expected